shabby bg

Monday, January 30, 2012

My Junk Journal

I saw the idea of "junk journal" (completely new term for me at that time) in Pinterest -my Big Addiction at the moment. And it really clicked to me, that is something that is so ME! Using bits and pieces that I already have or havent' even thought about using and at the same time document our everyday life. Feel the paper, write with my hands...

On top of that I went through my old flickr-pages where I had tried (three time bloody hell!!!) 365 days -project, and realized, that 2 years from now, and all nice everyday stuff is forgotten if I dont document them somehow.

Cover pages were off the old book, which had suffered quite a lot. I covered them with tiny pieces of fabric and used rings to bind everything together, so I can add or remove pages if needed.

Inside (all the techniques were through Pinterest - oh how I looove Pinterest!!!) SO Iused some old pages of that same old book where the covers were taken off and used gesso and sometimes acrylic paints to make them ready. That way I have ready pages for every day if I don't have time to do the "base" work.

Then my very hidden -and very bad- artist is let free on some pages. It is so nice to draw, although I'm so bad....

 ...some pages I covered with old paint samples, stitched envelopes to hold card, photos whatever, and for my B-day I even used this "ONNEA=CONGRATS" paper I got from mail order company. Wee flips and pockets add interest and give more room to write if I feel like it.

Magazines are a great source... Lots of nice pics and words and sentences.
 I got so hooked after seeing some reeeeally nice journals, that I bought some tags (they were -70% on sale is my excuse...)
 And yesterday's page, with free printable tag, clip of a magazine and a tag.
I will add photos too -once they are developed. I bet the old paper is super acidic so let's see how long the photos last...

Journalling is sooo therapeutic and so relaxing! Journalling and sports should be mandatory to everyone!

1 comment: