shabby bg

Thursday, December 22, 2011

WHAT NEXT?

Less than a week from my last post and too much has been going on... Good new or bad new? Maybe chronological order is the best!

I finally started x-mas decoration. Cultural differences kicked in again; Irish was already shocked on Independence Day, Dec 6th, that we don't have Christmas tree up!!!! Panick!! I tried gently remind him, that last year, when he got to decided, by actual X-mas, all the needles were all over the house and the tree was basically bare. Onni was crawling back then and even the tiniest touch on the shiny decorations, and baby was covered with needles. (the crying, the cleaning, touchingcryingcleaning.....ARGHH!!). I just decided, that if I don't go and get the tree, it is possible to get it postponed as far as possible. But to make his spirits up, I did this:


 And this:

 And elfs' clothes:
 And left my chilies still hanging, since they are very X-massy red:
Weekend came and there was no way to postpone the tree. Whole family was packed into the tractor and we drove to our forest. Well, moose/elk /deer hunters had just decided to hunt there that day, so we probably ruined their days fun (and our own chances to get some moose meat....). They look like Santas with their red rain hoods on and the kids were mesmerized! WOW!!

 This tree has nothing to do with our x-mas.
 We had hot chocolate and Moomin cookies with us, since this trip included huge 500 m hike on a very demanding forest surface... ;D

 Dunno what this face is about. The hot chocolate WAS good!
 Accidentally GREAT bokeh....If I may say so myself. It was SOOOOO dark in the forest, that I thought nothing will turn out even semi-decent, but I like this one!

 We were fairly soaked....
Then bad season begun; Onni had to go to the dentist check-up and heart check up on the same day. Holy Mary, I was thinking, since he can get these MASSIVE tantrums that only 1,5 year old is able to get. The heart check up was in the early afternoon, so I had to wake him up for that, so I had sleepless night thinking my survival skills on the following day. Well, my son knows hoe to surprise; before leaving for the dental place he was screaming with eyes rolled inside out and legs completely stiff, so getting him dressed was like running 10 kms. But once we got to the dentist's I had an angel with me. "Thank You. Merry Christmas" Bye-bye" and these sweet smiles, opening his mouth when asked and the ladies were charmed. "What a perfect child you have...." Hell, yes!

The heart check up was requiring bit more driving, so I was listening this mad screaming for 35 minutes, but once at the hospital the angel appeared again. The doctor was doing his work with nothing but quiet "yesss" and "okei" comments from Onni. Oh the amount of praises again. The result of the check up was anyway quite good; he does have extra noises coming from his heart, but from the right side, which should not be serious. We will have an ultrasound some time next week, but the doctor told not to worry AT ALL. (He def does NOT know me!!!!)

On the way back home, my younger sister called, and told that my older sister has gotten seriously mental. Mixing alcohol and medicines. Insulting her husband in every possible way. Saying things like "I will kill you. With a knife..." I know things have gone worse slowly, but this was a shock. I did not know she was drinking so much. I did not know she was turning violent. I did not know she is actually mentally sick. We are really REALLY scared for the holidays. I'm really scared for my Dad...Poor Dad!I'm scared for her children and husband. I'm scared that she does something to herself. Mental care in Finland is so overloaded at the moment, that it is really difficult to get help. This is so horrible, maybe the most horrible thing that can happen to someone close to you. Whole personality has changed,she used to be the most caring and loving person, and now this violent monster is inside her. And she is blaming the hubby for everything. In her sick head his death would solve her problems... I told the husband to call an ambulance and take her to mental hospital if anything like that happens again. These things are not meant to take lightly. So that's shadowing the spirits here....

I have to try, for my own family's sake to push that aside. There is only certain amount I can do to help.And if I dont stop thinking and worrying about that, I'll end up next to her in the same hospital . We were joking with the younger sister, that it would make Dad's life easier, he could visit two of us in the same place....

Now off to feed the cows and then grocery shopping.... Life has to go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment